Tours are becoming a part of our life. One of the best ways to unwind after months of continuous work is by taking a short vacation. For those who would like to save a little extra cash during a trip, getting a tour package from a legitimate travel agency may seem a great idea. Your duty is to make a through search and find what is available for you to save money and enjoy the most enjoyable. However, we believe this isn’t advisable for every visitor.
- • A minimum of 5 members required starting this tour.
- • Autocare will pay all the entrance fees.
- • Tourist person will bare entertainment charges wherever required.
ASHRAM DEPARTMENT TOUR
Starts at 8:15 am from our Branch Office at No. 3 Rangapillai Street. Ends at 11:30 am at the Perfumery On all Working days Rs.50/- per head. Smoking is strictly prohibited.
- 1. Video film show: on Sri Aurobindo and the Mother at 8:30 am Visitors are requested not to join the show if they are late
- 2. Hosiery factory: Manufactures vests & banians - sales
- 3. Agarbatti showroom: Agarbatti & incense - sales
- 4. Handloom weaving: Manufactures towels, spread sheets & other small items - sales
- 5. Hand made paper: Mfg. white & colored drawing, marbling on paper, paintings - sales
- 6. Harpagon - sales
- 7. Sri Smriti - Relics and items used by Sri Aurobindo and the Mother - visit
- 8. Marbling: Marbling (Hand printing) on silk sarees, scarves stoles, ties - sales
- 9. Batik: Tie and dye work - sales
- 10. Ayurved dispensary: Herbal & aurvedic medicines - sales
- 11. Perfumery: Scents, garments & various items - sales
Note: IF ANY OF THE ABOVE DEPARTMENTS ARE CLOSED,ONE OF THE FOLLOWING DEPARTMENTS MAY BE SHOWN:
- Library: Sri Aurobindo Ashram Library - visit
- Aurofurn: Manufactures leather goods - sales
- Art House: Paintings display - visit
- Embroidery: Needle work embroidering - sales start at 2.00 pm.
PUDUCHERRY DARSHAN TOUR
Starts at 8:15 am & Ends at 11:30 am at our Branch Office at No. 3 Rangapillai Street on all days except Monday. Rs.120/- per head. Smoking is strictly prohibited.
- 1. Varadaraja (Lord Vishnu) Temple : Perumal Koil, built in 12th Century
- 2. Vedapuriswara (Lord Shiva) Temple : Iswaran Koil, built in 18th Century (1788)
- 3. Cathedral Church : Saint Paul's Koil, built in 1791 under the title of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception, consecrated by Bishop Champenois.
- 4. Botanical Garden and Aquarium
- 5. Chunambar Boating Club : Pedal boats, motor boats, hydroplane etc.
- 6. Puducherry Museum : Started by the French on 16th Dec,1942.
Statue of Narasimha behind Venkatachalapathy, the main deity.
Pondicherry was once known a Vedapuri. It has a swayambhulinga & stone inscriptions.
160 years old with plants from all over India and abroad, priceless Chola bronzes and sculptures. Joy train at extra cost.
Beach and back water resort for boating and swimming.
It has Antique sculptures and statues and other findings excavated from Arikamedu, an ancient Roman settlement.
The trip will return to the starting place via the Dining Room of Sri Aurobindo Ashram and those who have a dining pass may get down there.
Please note that all entry fees will be paid by us. All other charges extra.
Visit to Matrimandir, Auroville
Reporting Time is 1:30 pm
Reporting Time is 8:15 am
Rs.100/- per head.
Smoking is strictly prohibited.
- 1. If the 1st. (2.00pm) trip is full and there are more passengers, there will be a 2nd trip at 3.00pm. It will return at 7:00pm. Reporting time is 2.30pm.
- 2. As there are no seat numbers, the passengers will occupy the seats on a first come first serve basis.
- 3. Visitors are taken to the Information-Visitors Centre first and then have to walk about a Kilometer to Matrimandir and see it from the outside. A video on Auroville and another on Matrimandir will be shown there. Kali Mandir is shown on the way back.
- 4. Anybody found having consumed alcohol will not be allowed.
- 5. One free pass for ALL the visitors will be taken by our guide. Visitors do not need to take any separate passes. The visitors are not allowed to go inside the Matrimandir.
- 6. Cancellations before the trip leaves will be charged 50% of the fare. There will no refund once the trip leaves.
Garden, Farm and Lake View Tour
Starts at 2:30 pm & Ends at 6:00 pm at our Branch Office at No. 3 Rangapillai Street
On all Working days
Rs.100/- per head.
- Casanove farm:
Someone had gifted Cazanove Farm. Year of 1965 The Mother had visited. Main cultivation is different types of Vegetables, Milk, etc. The main attraction is SAMADHI of some of the great Shadhaks who were with The Sri Aurobindo and The Mother.
- Ashram Lake Estate:
Lake has purchased on 1953. On 1st May 1955 the Mother had came to lake for signing the Sri Aurobindo Trust deed. Main cultivation are Oil seed, Vegetables banana, Coconut, Mozambique, Milk, Flowers, etc. Around 450 acres of land having 2 open well, 15 bore well. More than 100 village peoples are working daily with 25 Ashramites.
- PT & TDC bird watching tower:
Ousteri Lake is located towards north at a distance of 10 km from Pondicherry town (Pondicherry-Villupuram road). The wetland covers an area of about 390 ha (lies in both Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry) with a wide range of aquatic species and is mainly a bird sanctuary. In the winter season, the lake gets an array of migratory birds from PT&TDC Bird Watching Tower.
- Lake View Seagull restaurant:
The Lake View Seagull Restaurant, situated at Pondicherry is a premium leisure resort beautifully lounged at an opposite of Ousteri Lake. Le Pondy celebrates Pondicherry in all its true sense - the spirit, the architecture and the revelry. Pondicherry is one of the most popular tourist destinations in South India.
Mailam Package Tour
Starts at our Branch Office at No. 3 Rangapillai Street On all Working days as per demand.
Rs.350/- (For Mazda) and Rs.350/- (For SUMO-Non AC) per head
- Mayilam Murugan Temple:
Mailam or Mayilam is located fifteen kilometres from Tindivanam and thirty from Pondicherry. The temple, situated on a small hill, is connected with Bomayapalaiyam village on the Coromandel coast, very near to Pondicherry, where a Veera Saiva mutt is found. The name bomma or bomme is said to be derived from brāhmana. This was a village donated to brahmans, as is confirmed by the sthala purāna, in which Bomayapalaiyam is also named Brahmapuram. The legend of this kshetra begins with the end of Surapadma's atrocious rule and his tearful appeal to Lord to accept him as his mount. According to sthalapurana, Surapadma, though he had fought against Murugan with all his might combining the tactile of asura mayopaya, was routed in the end. When he was about be slain, he appealed to the Lord to accept him as his vehicle, and he would serve him with fidelity.
- National Fossil Wood Park, Tiruvakkarai:
The park contains petrified wood fossils approximately 20 million years old, scattered throughout the park, which covers about 247 acres (100 ha). The park consists of nine enclaves, but only a small portion of the 247 acres (approx 1 square km) is open to the public. Officials of the GSI believe the fossils were formed during massive flooding that occurred millions of years ago. The park hosts about 200 fossilized trees. They range in size from 3 to 15 metres (9.8 to 49.2 ft) meters in length, some of which are up to 5 meters in width.They are strewn and partially buried in the park grounds. No branches or leaves remain on the fossilized trunks. Scientists speculate that the trees did not originally grow at the site, but were transported before they had petrified. M. Sonneret, a European naturalist, gave the first detailed account of the fossils in 1781.
- Vakra-Kali Amman Temple (Chandrasekharar Temple):
Thiruvakkarai is a place where one can find shrines of Lord Siva, Lord Vishnu and Goddess Shakti together. The sacred bathing ghat of this place is the Varaaga river. Vakrasooran and Dhunmukhi: Vakrasooran, a demon, placed Lord Siva in his throat and worshipped him. Impressed by his devotion, Lord Siva appeared before him and granted him his wish - an eternal life. The demon became arrogant and cruel, tortured the Devas and Rishis, who then went to Lord Siva to complain. Lord Siva then asked Lord Vishnu to kill the demon. Vishnu did so using his Chakraayudha. Vakrasooran's sister Dhunmukhi was equally cruel and it was left to Goddess Parvathi to destroy her. Since Dhunmukhi was carrying a child in her womb, there was a small hitch in killing her.
- Veedur Dam:
Veedur is a village panchayat in the Viluppuram district of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is largest village (in terms area and population ) in the district . National Highway No. 45, from Chennai to Dindigul via Tiruchirapalli, goes through the Village. Veedur known dam or reservoir. The town's main source of income is agriculture. Vidur is 50 kilometres (98 mi) north of Pondicherry.The area contains many water bodies around the area . There is Veedur Dam that has built across the Conjunction of two rivers. The Mailam (pilgrimage temple of Lord Murgaa) in the north, nearly 10 kilometres from Vidur. Contains a continuous range of forest, farmlands and vegetation.
Social and Culture
The Village is secular village but majority of it are hindus and Jains. The Village is known for Shivan kovil and Adhinath Bhagavan Jain Temple which are very old (records account 1200 yrs). Village also contains church and other Demi gods like Ayyanarappan . The Village is know have significance in the filed religious literature.